AOI & SPI
MEK is a leading supplier of Automated Optical Inspection (AOI) and Solder Paste Inspection (SPI) technologies for advanced PCB inspection, test and measurement.
Having introduced full 24-bit colour imaging defect detection to the electronics assembly market, MEK are the driving force behind important advances in desktop AOI, island AOI and inline AOI systems for New Product Introduction (NPI), low-volume, high-mix or high-volume manufacturing environments worldwide.
MEK are also the pioneers of breakthrough 5D post-print solder paste inspection (SPI) technology. Delivering true area, shape, offset, volume and height measurement, the Mek PowerSpector SP1 system delivers the ultimate in high-accuracy defect detection and process control. It’s just one of the ways we’re helping our customers redefine process reliability and optimal print results.
Mek, also known as Marantz Electronics is renowned for its iSpector and PowerSpector platforms and its delivery of exceptional AOI and SPI technology, first-class visual inspection, advanced operator control and ultimately yield enhancement.
Automatic Optical Inspection is the cost effective solution to replace traditional human inspection whilst at the same time reducing the need for expensive electrical test.
Mek, well known from its high quality Audio / Video products developed its first AOI system for its own use in 1994 and is now the world leader in desk top solutions with an installed base of over 5,000 units.
Every one of Mek’s desktop AOI and inline AOI systems is optimised for the demands of today’s advanced SMT applications and critical manufacturing environments
Easy programing and flexible inspection algorithms provide complete coverage of SMT and THT production issues. Optional defect tracking and SPC analysis provide seamless factory integration. Offline programming is available to free up system time for production and enables live program updates from a remote station.
- Optimised for the demands of today’s advanced SMT applications and critical manufacturing environments.
- SpectorBOX and Modular AOI platform is optimised for the inspection of Wave & Selective soldering of THT & SMT components.
- Easy programming and flexible inspection algorithms provide complete coverage of SMT and THT production issues.
- Optional defect tracking and SPC analysis provide seamless factory integration.
- Offline programming is available to free up system time for production & enables live program updates from a remote station
Mek solder paste inspection (SPI) equipment is used to monitor and control one of the most critical steps affecting the finished quality of printed circuit boards (PCBs).
Solder paste deposition is the key process in board assembly operations and modern electronics manufacturing trends are increasingly abandoning costly repairs in favour of prevention through improved process control.
Research has identified that over 60% of end of line defects can be traced back to printing errors. Intercepting these defects before they happen reduces rework costs, provides instant yield improvement and accelerates return on investment.
- Mek 5D post-print solder paste inspection systems, incorporate patented new sensor technology and simultaneously combine 3D and 2D image processing methodologies that deliver defect detection beyond that previously possible.
- Solder Paste defect detection with combined 3D and 2D technology
- Topographical 3D zero referencing
- Shadow free measurement – Both accuracy and precision
Mek 5D solder paste inspection systems (SPI) are designed to monitor and control one of the most critical steps affecting the finished quality of printed circuit boards (PCBs).