Counterfeit Component Detection Using Solderability Test Methods
Gen3 Systems launches the NEW MUST CVS Camera and Video System used to record individual tests permitting full traceability and helping identify counterfeit components.
The MUST is highly accurate system that measures the forces imposed on a component or a circuit board sample at levels as low as 0.001 mN otherwise referred to as "wetting force".
The new MUST CVS Camera and Video System features a USB switchable camera with special macro zoom lens and custom mounting assemnly that retrofits to ALL MUST Systems.
It is a visual aid used for correctly aligning and recording a component for a solderability test developed specifically to assist the operator in the testing of very small components (0402, 0201, etc.).
Comparing tests conducted on "good samples", the MUST solderability results will vary according to differing wetting curves that are exhibited by differing surface finishes.
The MUST CVS complies with all current standards in the Electronics Industry -
- IEC 60068-2-54 (Equates to BSI – JIS – DIN – AFNOR et al)
- IEC 60068-2-69 (Equates to BSI – JIS – DIN – AFNOR et al)
- IEC 60068-2-83 (Equates to BSI – JIS – DIN – AFNOR et al)
- IPC J-STD002
- IPC J-STD003
- MIL STD 883
- JEITA & JIS.
The MUST 3 CVS Solderability Tester - 5 tests in ONLY 1 machine -
- Standard Wetting Balance testing using solder bath
- Micro-Wetting Balance testing using Solder Globules
• 4 mm; 3.2 mm; 2 mm and 1 mm
• Solder pellets: 200 mg; 100 mg; 25 mg; 10 mg, 5 mg
• Accurately testing down to 0201
- MUST Synchronous test using solder paste
- NEW unique MUST Temperature Profile test
- Reflow simulation