After 2 years of research and development, we are proud to introduce the next generation of Conductive Anodic Filament Monitoring equipment used to measure the influences of sub-surface electro-chemical reactions, the AutoCAF2+™ .
AutoCAF2+™ is able to measure up to 256 individual measurement sites under conditions of high humidity and temperature in accordance with IPC-TM-650 2.6.25 Test Method & IPC 9691 CAF Test Users Guide.
Conductive anodic filament (CAF) failure is copper corrosion within a printed board. It is electro-migration of the copper from Anode to Cathode between two conductors of different potential, whereas growth from Cathode to Anode is a dendrite.
A combination of bias voltage and high humidity enhance CAF failures. Electrical failure results when a filament grows between electrically isolated nets. See IPC-9691 for further information on CAF.
The NEW AutoCAF2+™ was developed in conjunction with a major CAF research project conducted by the British NPL.
- Measurements from all 256 Channels can be taken in <30 seconds
- Applied Voltage: +1V to 1250V
- Measurement Range: 106 Ω to 1014 Ω
- Measurement Method: Continuous on all selected channels
- Measurement Test Intervals: Fully selectable from a minimum of 1 minute
- Capable of testing to all existing test specifications – IPC – IEC – JNC and other user specifications
- Future proofed design
- AutoCAF2+ is available with 64, 128 or 256 channel configurations
- Adaptable and flexible software operating with Windows 7, 8 &10.
|Number of Channels||64 or 128 or 256|
|Measurable range of insulation resistance||106 to 1014 Ω|
|Internal Bias Voltage||
0V; 3.3V; 5V; 10V; 12.5V; 15V; ± 50V & ± 100V
|External Bias Voltage||1V to 100V Free selection External 1V to 1250V|
|Measurement Method||Continuous on all selected channels|
|Measurement Test Intervals||Fully selectable from minimum of 1 minute|
|Measurement Time||Optimised at <100ms per channel for data management|
|Maximum Test Duration||Unlimited|
|Current measuring cable||Fully shielded|
Bias Voltage Out of Range/Failure
Temperature and humidity
|Data collection||Sampling Time, Elapsed Time,
Resistance, Current, Applied Voltage,
|Applicable OS||Windows® 7 onwards|
|110V/230V Switchable mains
Dimensions & Weight
17 kgs (37.5 Ibs)
52 x 34 x 17cm
For full tech spec, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Gen3 offers custom Test Racks as accessories to the AutoSIR2+ & CAF2+. Contact us for more details.