Gen3 Systems will predict the reliability of electronic circuits at IPC APEX 2017
Gen3 Systems Limited, a specialist British manufacturer and distributor, will exhibit in Booth #3136 with Ascentech, LLC at the 2017 IPC APEX EXPO, scheduled to take place Feb. 14-16, 2017 at the San Diego Convention Center in California. Gen3 and Ascentech will demonstrate the new CM+ Series and AutoSIR2/CAF2.
The award-winning ionic contamination tester, in particular the CM22+ will be displayed. The CM+ features:
• Complete testing within only 3 minutes
• The entire tank volume is re-circulated 6 times every minute (CM33L up to 240 litres per minute)
• Unique solid gold measuring cell, ballistic amplifier providing a test accuracy of <0.005mS/cm
• Unique CURVE-FITTING Analysis algorithm (Merit of Fit)
• Full regeneration in typically < 6 minutes
• Smooth bubble-free circulation at all times
• Accurate measurement even when the proportion of test solution to surface area under test are huge
• Automatic temperature compensation
• Measures in accordance with all international and MIL specifications old and new
• New range of PCB/Component handling frames, with integrated draining system.
The Contaminometer series from Gen3 Systems come in 5 different models and 5 different tank sizes - when selecting a Test System, it is important to use the smallest possible tank size for the circuit under test. It comprises of the: CM11+, CM22+, CM33+, CM33L+, CM60 and CMBBT.
Additionally, GEN3 will demonstrate its Installation Resistance Testers (AutoSIR2) and Conductive Anodic Filament Monitoring Testing System (AutoCAF2).
The key features of both the NEW AutoSIR2 and AutoCAF2 Measurement systems provide the following product enhancements:
• Measurement Time: 256 Channels <8 seconds
• Applied Voltage: +1V to 500V
• Measurement Range: 106 Ω to 1014 Ω
• Measurement Method: Continuous on all selected tests
• Measurement Test Intervals: Fully selectable from minimum of one minute
• Capable of testing to all existing test specifications IPC - IEC - JNC and other user specifications
Both the AutoSIR2 and AutoCAF2 Systems are available with 64, 128 or 256 channel configurations.
Gen3 Systems and their customer, whom is in the automotive industry, will also be presenting a paper at IPC Apex on Process Control of Ionic Contamination achieving 6-Sigma Criteria in the assembly of Electronic Circuits. Details to be released at a later date.