Following over 2 years of intense research and development, we are proud to introduce the next generation of equipment used to measure changes in Surface Insulation Resistance.
The new AutoSIR2™ system represents a dramatic improvement over existing SIR test alternatives, and its shielded precision electronics allows state-of-the-art accuracy resistance measurements to be made up to 1014 Ω.
One AutoSIR chassis can hold between 1 to 16 measurement cards and can monitor up to 256 x 2-point test patterns or 78 x 5-point test patterns, or 32 x 9-point test patterns at selectable intervals from minutes to days. Each channel is current limited (1 M Ω), ensuring that dendrites are preserved for failure analysis. The frequent monitoring capability provides a full picture of the electrochemical reactions taking place on a circuit assembly, and provides early trend analysis enabling tests to be curtailed, thus saving considerable test time and money.
- Measurements from all 256 Channels can be taken in <8 seconds
- Applied Voltage: +1V to 100V
- Measurement Range: 106 Ω to 1014 Ω
- Measurement Method: Continuous on all selected channels
- Measurement Test Intervals: Fully selectable from minimum of 1 minute
- Capable of testing to all existing test specifications – IPC – IEC – JNC and other user specifications
- Future proofed design
- AutoSIR2 is available with 64, 128 or 256 channel configurations
- On connection the system runs a self test.
- Adaptable and flexible software operating with Windows 7, 8 &10.
|Number of Channels||64 or 128 or 256|
|Measurable range of insulation resistance||106 to 1014 Ω|
|Internal Bias Voltage||0V; 3.3V; 5V; 10V; ± 50V & ± 100V|
|External Bias Voltage||1V to 100V|
|Measurement Method||Continuous on all selected channels|
|Measurement Test Intervals||Fully selectable from minimum of 1 minute|
|Measurement Time||256 channels<8seconds|
|Maximum Test Duration||Unlimited|
|Current measuring cable||Fully shielded|
|System status LED'S||Power
Temperature and humidity
Bias Voltage Out of Range/Failure
|Data collection||Sampling Time, Elapsed Time,
Resistance, Current, Applied Voltage,
|Applicable OS||Windows® 7, 8 & 10|
|Power requirment||110V/230V Switchable mains
|Dimensions||10.5 kgs (371 Ibs)|
Gen3 offers custom Test Racks as accessories to the AutoSIR & CAF. Contact us for more details.